The equipment in the power distribution room belongs to the category of precision instruments, and dry powder extinguishers, foam extinguishers, and water-based extinguishers cannot be used. Because dry powder extinguishers are not easy to clean after use, foam extinguishers and water-based extinguishers have electrical conductivity.
In the field of precision instruments, we often use the following two types of fire extinguishers to extinguish fires.
- Carbon dioxide fire extinguisher. The carbon dioxide in the fire extinguisher is usually in a liquid tank. The liquid carbon dioxide is volatile and the gas is 760 times larger than the original liquid. When it is ejected from the extinguisher, part of it turns into a white snowflake (also called dry ice) with a very low temperature. The dry ice absorbs heat and atomizes into carbon dioxide gas, which covers the surface of the burning material. Carbon dioxide gas has the function of diluting and removing air and reducing the percentage of oxygen or combustible gases. When carbon dioxide is 30-35% of the air concentration, combustion will stop.
- 1211 fire extinguisher. It can put out fires, mainly because it touches the burning material and generates bromine ions when heated, and immediately combines with the hydrogen radicals produced in the combustion process, thus quickly stopping the combustion chain reaction, extinguishing the fire, and cooling and asphyxiating to some extent. It is used to extinguish fires in precision instruments, artifacts, and archives. The fire extinguishing efficiency is more than four times that of carbon dioxide, and there is no trace after extinguishing the fire.
Distribution room fire extinguisher equipment standards.
For high-rise building type (severe hazard class) office building: If equipped with MF / ABC6 ammonium phosphate powder fire extinguishers, there are at least 6 sets per floor (two sets per placement point), and the projection distance from the extinguisher is 15 meters, with an appropriate increase in the number of extinguishers.
Second, for Class II high-rise buildings (medium-risk level) office buildings: if equipped with MF / ABC6 ammonium phosphate dry powder fire extinguishers, there should be at least four sets per floor (two sets per placement point), and the projection distance of the fire extinguisher is 20 meters, the appropriate increase in the number of fire extinguishers. If configured with MF / ABC4 ammonium phosphate powder fire extinguishers, each floor should be configured with at least 6 (two per placement point). In addition, considering that the protection distance of fire extinguishers is 20 meters, the number of fire extinguishers should be appropriately increased.
- Should be stored in a ventilated, dry, convenient place. The ambient temperature of storage is -10°C~45°C.
- Do not store it near heating equipment or heating equipment and direct sunlight to avoid deterioration and malfunction.
- If the needle of the pressure gauge is in the red area, add a fire extinguishing agent and nitrogen immediately.
- Every five years or before the re-installation of the fire extinguishing agent, a hydraulic test equal to 1.5 times the design pressure should be conducted, and only after passing can be used.